I had to because I begged Sabs to grow rhubarb and she’s grown a bunch and I haven’t done anything with it.
So today I made this:
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 c. oatmeal
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- 3 tbls. corn starch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- Combine flour,oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter.
- Press half the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Cook the 1 cup sugar, water, cornstarch and vanilla over medium heat stirring often until very thick.
- Add the rhubarb and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the rhubarb mixture evenly into the cake pan and top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Delicious topped with vanilla ice cream.