Sabs and I had a great time at the track last night. Bad-ass.
Sabrina liked it because she said all the guys were “extraneous”. Heh.
I had to because I begged Sabs to grow rhubarb and she’s grown a bunch and I haven’t done anything with it.
So today I made this:
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 c. oatmeal
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- 3 tbls. corn starch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- Combine flour,oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter.
- Press half the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Cook the 1 cup sugar, water, cornstarch and vanilla over medium heat stirring often until very thick.
- Add the rhubarb and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the rhubarb mixture evenly into the cake pan and top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Delicious topped with vanilla ice cream.
Up in Bend the other night we watched the documentary film “Helvetica”. Quite interesting and even-handed, and a really enjoyable peek behind the curtain of design.
You can watch some of the best clips from it here.
Frontier Psychiatrist (Avalanches) video – Turntablism as if performed by Big Band. “Sometimes, A Parrot talks!”
I actually had a dream a couple of nights ago where I saw this song performed live JUST LIKE THIS VIDEO… Clearly my brain has psychically begun to channel youTube, how fucked is that?
Also, Justice – D.A.N.C.E. and Of Montreal – Pinned to the Mist.